Organic Agave Nectar -Organic Agave, a Sweet Beginning!
Ten years ago, when Madhava Natural Sweeteners was the first company to introduce organic agave to the U.S. market, it was a little known "super sweetener" from Mexico. The all-natural, organic, Non-GMO Project Verified sweetener has continued to grow in popularity.
Today Madhava have expanded their agave offerings to include new flavors and sizes so you can enjoy all of its benefits in coffee, tea, baking and more!
How It's Made
Madhava Organic Agave Nectar is made from the natural juice (aguamiel) of the agave plant, organically grown and sustainably farmed in the Sierra Madres region of Mexico.
The heart of the plant is pressed to extract the agave juice. The juice is then filtered to remove any plant debris and heated to achieve the sweet nectar. The nectar is then filtered again to produce different flavor profiles.
Liberty, Justice and Agave for All
Madhava Organic Agave is gluten- and allergen-free, vegan and has a low Glycemic Index, so you can avoid energy spikes that may occur with other sugars. Because agave is 1.4 times sweeter than sugar you can use less and reduce calories - making agave a healthy, easy, natural choice!
Benefits of Agave Nectar
The mysterious Agave will now reveal its benefits!
Sweeter than sugar and smoother than honey…. Is there anything this magical plant can't do? So what gives agave its advantage? Let us count the ways...
1. Sweeeeeet! Agave is 1.4 times sweeter than refined sugar, so less can be used for equal sweetening.
2. No Highs and Lows... Agave's low Glycemic Index means it is less disruptive to blood sugar levels, so it doesn't create a "sugar rush" so you can avoid the highs and lows of other sweeteners.
3. Agave for everyone. Many people on special diets find agave suitable for their needs, as it is both gluten- and allergen-free.
4. De-Light-full. The lighter grade of agave nectar is flavor neutral, enhancing the flavors of foods without altering their taste.
5. The power of Amber. Amber agave makes a great substitute for maple syrup, molasses and brown sugar.
6. The Raw Truth! Raw agave nectar is only mildly filtered and produced at temperatures under 118 degrees.
7. So Smooth... If stored at room temperature, agave pours easily, and will not harden in the bottle.
8. Keepin' it fresh. Agave is a moisture retainer, and increases the shelf life of baked goods due to its hygroscopic properties.
9. And Kosher, too! Agave nectar is KOSHER PAREVE and has obtained the certificate from Scrol K.
10. Oh, Oh, Organic! Agave is also organic: our growers use only natural fertilizers and employ agricultural practices that meet organic certification standards.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!